Welcome to the SoD Writer’s Choice page. This space is reserved for what we feel is our best (or favorite or infamous) writing work from each of our authors. Think of it like the “Employee Picks” at Blockbuster, except without the judgment from a 16 year-old when you rent Bio-Dome for the 7th time instead of the recommended film that won 4 awards at a Portuguese Film Festival.
- The LIVE BLOG! – The NFL Draft…done SoD style.
Career Sargeant Zim:
- San Francisco UFL Franchise’s Coaching Staff a Mount Rushmore of Failure – what happens when you get several multi-time coaching losers together in one place? Zim gets to the bottom of it.
- Random Running Diary: 4th and Long with Michael Irvin – Michael Irvin AND reality TV? Cue the Career Sgt.
- Requiem for a Dynasty: San Antonio Spurs 1997-2009 – Spurs fan (and awful human being) Zim fondly remembers when the bad guys the Majestic and August Spurs won 4 championships.
- The Best 8 NBA Teams of the Last 20 Years Not to Win it All – The title says it all. Howard put work into it, you should read it.
- Archive: Local High School Basketball Game Takes Strange Twist – the day Teen Wolf was born.
- Lowe, Swayze, Reeves: Canadian Junior Hockey. Success – The 3rd best Youngblood’s review you’ll read all year.
- Canceled! – Ever wonder why your favorite shows got the axe? Here’s your answer.
- Random Running Diary: D’Backs v. Dodgers, May 4th – Anytime the Dodgers and D’Backs get together for an early May tilt, Louie is compelled to write a running diary. Features Rocky Dennis himself!
- Hard Knocks Cover The Bengals: Football Scenes Optional – A primer for what should prove to be the greatest thing put on TV – ever.
- Marks Plays 22 Minutes, Hornets Go Home – Lesson#1: New Zealand will not be messed with.
- It’s not you, it’s me – A rare appearance from the good doctor implores us to blame the GM, not the manager, in the Bob Melvin firing.