First the Phillies. Then the Steelers. Now the Penguins. The Keystone State holds three of the major four sports titles. You probably already now this by now. But, what about some of William Penn’s other championship sons and daughters? Shouldn’t we extend congrats to these proud champions too?
- Splash Lagoon – Largest Indoor Waterpark on the East Coast;
- The Boone and Crockett Club – Maintains five of the ten largest black bear skulls on record;
- Philadelphia Soul – Reigning 2008 AFL champs (Can they repeat this season…er…nevermind);
- Pretzels and Chips – Highest manufacturing of these products of any state;
- D.G. Yuengling & Son – America’s oldest brewery.
So spread the love people. You never know when another black bear skull will turn up or some carpetbagger will build a bigger indoor waterpark or a minor league indoor football league will fold shut down to “retool.”