It’s here! It’s here! Let the hyperbole begin! I don’t know what it is, but the NFL draft is an absolute monster when it comes to excitement and entertainment value. Zim and I will be dabbling in a live blog today to provide what I can only assure you will be the highest level of quality football analysis around. A few thoughts before we get started:
- I’m a little crushed that the Lions have come to an agreement with Matthew Stafford. I derive quite a bit of pleasure from watching Daunte Culpepper “roll”.
- I feel a little sorry for Josh Freeman. If the Bucs and Jets decide they don’t need a QB he could be in the green room for a long time. Take it from someone who has watched him play for 3 years, he isn’t that great and makes poor decisions. The angle that he had no talent around him is a little overplayed, in 2007 he threw to All-American (and ’08 2nd round selection) Jordy Nelson.
- I have a feeling that the ’09 QB Draft class is going to end up about as well as the ’99 class, without a Donovan McNabb among them.
- If you want to play a drinking game, take a shot every time we get to see Andre Smith’s man breasts.
- If the Cardinals trade Anquan Boldin for 60 cents on the dollar I might leave the country.
- Michael Crabtree is going to make about 5 or 6 teams feel really stupid very soon. Maybe as early as his rookie year.